Books/CDs/PostersThe Language of Jyotisha
Chants, Verses and Vocabulary for Vedic Astrology (with audio CD)
VIEW SAMPLE PAGES FROM THE BOOK
LISTEN TO SAMPLE CLIPS FROM THE CD
LEARN HOW TO CORRECTLY SPELL AND PRONOUNCE SANSKRIT MANTRAS AND TERMS USED IN VEDIC ASTROLOGY!
CD has 41 tracks, including
- 4 mantras invoking the Ganesha, Shiva, the Sun and the Nine Planets
- a separate track for each planetary mantra, repeated 9 times
- other tracks include Planets, Houses, Signs, Nakshatras, General Terminology
94-page spiral-bound book contains everything recorded on the CD, including
- 4 chants of invocation
- 10 verses on Jyotisha
- mantras for each planet
- Sanskrit Pronunciation Key
- original Devanagari script, transliteration and translation
- 11 reference charts on planets, houses, signs and nakshatras
"If indeed Jyotisha is one aspect of a sublime oral tradition, it is incumbent on all students to learn the pronunciation of its key Sanskrit terms. Nicolai Bachman's CD is the most useful pronunciation guide that I've come across. I recommend it highly"
- Hart De Fouw
"I highly recommend this excellent CD and booklet to students who are learning the proper pronunciation of Vedic Astrology terminology."
-Dennis M. Harness, Ph.D. Past President, American College of Vedic Astrology
Nicolai made the workshops interesting, fun and thought provoking. He is very knowledgable and has a warm, down to earth style. I think this was a great added requirement to the teacher training program. It has really peaked my interest in further study of the yoga sutras.