Information on Nicolai's teaching style
Classes can be taught as a weekend workshop, seminar series, or part of a teacher-training curriculum. Nicolai is registered at the 500 hour level with Yoga Alliance.
- emphasizes clear, organized, organic instruction in a fun, playful environment.
- encourages actual learning during class (not just teaching).
- includes written materials, allowing students to focus on listening more than on writing notes.
- shows all Sanskrit words in the Roman transliteration (English letters with occasional marks), and in the original Devanagari script when appropriate
- promotes the correct pronunciation and rhythm of Sanskrit.
- encourages students to develop their own interpretation of Sanskrit verses by looking at several translations and drawing on personal life experience.
what they're saying
I think Nicolai's presentation was EXCELLENT. I really enjoyed learning about the cakras. He made it sound so much more logical and grounded than most present on this topic. Connecting the marmas, nadis and cakras just makes sense! And I had never really looked at the verses in the HYP (Hatha Yoga Pradipika). Most importantly, I had one of my most settled meditation experiences last night. I could have sat for hours! Chanting was a wonderful way to awaken the energy in each cakra. I truly could feel the support of that kundalini energy moving up my spine. I was a little "high" when I came home and had to stay up for a few hours to settle.