Information on Nicolai's teaching style
Classes can be taught as a weekend workshop, seminar series, or part of a teacher-training curriculum. Nicolai is registered at the 500 hour level with Yoga Alliance.
- emphasizes clear, organized, organic instruction in a fun, playful environment.
- encourages actual learning during class (not just teaching).
- includes written materials, allowing students to focus on listening more than on writing notes.
- shows all Sanskrit words in the Roman transliteration (English letters with occasional marks), and in the original Devanagari script when appropriate
- promotes the correct pronunciation and rhythm of Sanskrit.
- encourages students to develop their own interpretation of Sanskrit verses by looking at several translations and drawing on personal life experience.
what they're saying
Nicolai made the workshops interesting, fun and thought provoking. He is very knowledgable and has a warm, down to earth style. I think this was a great added requirement to the teacher training program. It has really peaked my interest in further study of the yoga sutras.